- 1 small (200g) tub set natural yoghurt
- 2 of the yoghurt tubs of self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 coarsly grated apple - I use a sweet pink lady
- 1 Teaspoon crushed nuts (pecan, walnut, cashew - whatever you like)
- 1 Tablespoon icing sugar
- lemon juice
Preheat an oven to 180° C, spray a 20 cm cake tin, with removable base, with oil, I use coconut - because it smells nice. Mix all dough ingredients together. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll dough out to approx 30 cm x 20 cm. Mix the filling butter, sugar and cinnamon and spread over the dough. Grate the peeled apple over the dough, and starting lengthways roll the dough into a log. Cut the log into 3 cm pieces and place cut side up in the cake tin, starting from the middle. There should be a little room left around the edges. Spray the top with coconut oil again - gives a nice finish. Bake for approximately 25 minutes - until nicely golden.
Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, in the tin, and then remove to a serving plate. sprinkle with nuts. Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice, until it is thin enough to drizzle. drizzle over the top of the scrolls.
Enjoy with friends, and a nice cuppa - of course!