For the Golden Turkey Balls
- 250 g Turkey Mince
- 2 cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 3 cm piece of Ginger Root, very finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of Coriander (Cilantro) finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Panko crumbs
Mix all ingredients, except for the Panko, and roll into balls – about 1 tablespoon per ball makes nice, bite sized balls. Roll in Panko and set aside.
Preheat oil in a deep fryer – a medium heat. While the oil is heating, make the dressing:
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- Dash (about ½ teaspoon) of Fish Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic – slice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh Chilli – chopped
- 3-4 slices fresh Ginger
- I add a little sliced shallot (spring onion) at the end for colour
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for a few minutes. Turn the heat off and let steep while you fry the turkey balls.
Fry the turkey balls in batches, placing on a tray lined with paper towel, when done.
Serve with dipping sauce on the side, and most importantly, ENJOY!