We recently ate at a local Chinese restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed lamb with a similar sauce, which led me to thinking it would be nice with beautiful fresh prawns.
- 1 Cup clear Chicken Stock
- 2 1/2 cm piece of fresh young Ginger, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Bran or Peanut Oil
- 2 Spring Onions (often called shallots - but those are the little purple onions often used in French cooking), sliced on the diagonal.
- 1/2 kg medium Prawns, peeled and deveined.
In a medium hot wok, heat the oil and add the garlic and ginger until aromatic, add stock and rice wine simmer gently for 10 - 15 minutes to infuse the flavours. Add 1/2 the spring onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the prawns and toss until warmed through.
It's that easy!
Serve with Jasmine rice and steamed greens.