However, I have been learning to speak French, and have been exploring French cuisine – and there are quite a few things I will be exploring further, and even trying to cook!
In the warmer weather I don’t really feel like cooking too muuch, or eating much that is hot – so it was time to put my past predjudice behind me, and tackle this French classic.
Keep in mind this is not a traditional niçoise salad, by my take on it.
- 2 handfuls Cos Lettuce
- 5 small, sweet Tomatoes
- 2 Eggs, boiled and quatered
- 4 baby Coliban Potatoes, steamed and quatered
- 1 handful of Green Beans, steamed and cut into 3cm lengths
- A few very thin slices Spanish Onion
- 1 tin (125g) sliced Tuna (I used smoked flavour)
- Some nice croutons, to serve
- Juice ½ lemon
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Macadamia Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Spread the cos lettuce out on two nice plates. Arrange other ingredients (except the croutons) on top. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar, shake to combine.
Dress the salad just before serving, and sprinkle croutons over the top.