For me, it is imperative to use the best cut of beef you can manage, I make this rarely, as I use eye fillet.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 clove garlic - very finely diced
- Pinch semi dried chilli
- 1 1/2 cups rocket
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber - finely sliced
- 2 spring onions - finely sliced
- 2 large mint leaves - finely sliced
About 150 g beef eye fillet, well seasoned with salt, cooked for a few minutes on each side in a really hot pan, rested for 10 mins, covered, then thinly sliced.
I toss the salad and plate it, then arrange the meat and drizzle dressing last.